Friday, September 15, 2006

Sound of the wind

I am lying in the bath
It is heaven

I have opened the windows
The blind is closed
The room is in darkness
I put on a single candle
It is creating a subtle yellow glow

As I lie in the warm water with my eyes closed
I can hear the rain falling
I hear the sound of the wind
rustling the leaves on the tree
I can feel the breeze coming through the blind

It was such a calm smoothing moment
when peace
surrounded me

I could of stayed there forever
Just listening to that noise

But,
sadly,
peace never lasts long in this house
and all too soon
the moment was gone.

2 comments:

floots said...

nice to steal a moment's peace
(what about the bubbles - i have to have bubbles or scented oil if i'm in for a long soak) :)

whispers said...

Thanks for popping by floots. I do love bubbles but I was just happy to steal those few moments away.

;)