Sunday, September 10, 2006

Shadow of consciousness

I could never picture your face
I had to look at a photo
to see you.

Though you were in my dreams
it was just a feeling,
a shadow of consciousness
that you were there with me
no matter hard I tried
to picture you,
I couldn't.

I have now stopped looking at photos.

I have cleared away
the ones hidden within reaching distance
for when I needed to see you.

I needed time to grieve,
properly.
To grieve over you.
The friendship I have lost
The Closeness that's gone
The melliflous of your voice.

So little time has gone by
since making that decision
But,
I can see you.
I see so many images of you
You even visit me now
in my head
during my dreams.

This time not as
shadow
but
as you.

6 comments:

floots said...

yes to the whole thing
and
and a wow
to that final stanza
good one

jel said...

these are very good poems ~

Unknown said...

nicey one! btw i made another comment at your childhood post in case u missed it (:

whispers said...

Floots: Thank you always nice to get a comment from you as you are way better with your writings than me. Thanks again!

jel: Thanks for stopping by and reading the things I have wrote :)

greenie: Thank you, (I replied to the childhood one as well).

:)

Pat Paulk said...

Excellent poem!! Agree with Floots, the last stanza is dynamite!!

whispers said...

Thank you Pat :)