Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Self Abuse

My friend committed suicide recently
Everyone was shocked
Everyone was sad
No-one saw through his happy face
No-one saw the mask

Sometimes in her world
Cruel and horrible things
happen.
When it does she need to bleed

Why do you cut yourself you may ask
She doesn't have one answer
There's a million alas,

But I know today
She is ashamed
She will keep her arms hidden away.

No-one will see through her happy face.
No-one will see her mask.


... dedicated to a friend. Stop now please.

3 comments:

Pat Paulk said...

No one every does. The cutting is something I've only recently learned about. Pain and anguish I know well, adding to it I don't understand.

Lefty said...

It is too bad that most of us believe as if we must hide the way we truly feel, even from our closest friends.

gautami tripathy said...

Read my post "leave death alone" on my blog..rooted.