Saturday, October 07, 2006

I dreamt of you last night



While I slept
I dreamt of you
no
not of you
of us

I dreamt I was
Standing in front of you

We were holding
Each
Other
So tight
So close
Never wanting to let go

I could see into you brown eyes
The love still there
After all these years
Reflecting back at me

I dreamt of you last night
Sitting on the grass
With me next to you
Both of us laughing in the sun

I woke,
to find
you were
gone

Tears rolled down my face
The longing for you
too great a pain to tolerate

When I fell asleep again
I found you were still wanting for me
Holding out your arms to hold me
I tell you my love for you will never end

I dreamt of us last night
No!
Not of us
just you

I woke again to find
I am still in love with you
And though you are not here
There is some comfort in knowing
you loved me too.

6 comments:

jel said...

sad but sweet Too!

donna said...

i enjoyed reading through your blog....your words express pain that I pray you are working through...writing does help, I believe....stopped by from My Place...JEL

donna

floots said...

there is always comfort in memories
to help relieve the pain
(which they also contain)

Pat Paulk said...

We only have the moment, and all the memories that influence it!! Good poem!!

whispers said...

Jel / byhisgracealone thank you for stopping by :)

floots thank you the pain is sometimes worth having to recall the joy held in memories

pat Thank you :)

whispers said...

its_baxter thank you everything I write has a memory too it now current or past.