Friday, October 13, 2006

The Ending

There was something so sad in your face
Your eyes no longer contain their sparkle
I no longer dance in them.

You tell me it's over between us
Hot tears
Collect in my eyes

I look like I have a rain kissed face
As the tears spill forth,
Uncontrollably

Sorrow and pain in my heart
Replaces the love and joy
Held there minutes ago

You reach out to me,
I pull back,
No longer wanting the hands that once loved me
To touch me

I stand up, turn and walk away
You will never know I still love you
Even now, this very day.

3 comments:

Arti Honrao said...

The confusion and ache of every lovinh heart!
Well-written!


GBU
Arti

Pat Paulk said...

There's no eloquence in pain, but there is in your words.

whispers said...

Arti honrao Thank you for stopping by and commenting. Have stopped by your blog, very nice.

pat :) thank you, always a pleasure