Thursday, September 28, 2006

last night

Last night,
Or,
Should I say this morning?
I was sitting in the garden
There were no stars to look at
To wonder about them in awe
Just grey clouds moving
Weightless in their forever changing way

The peace
The breeze
The stillness
Was
Beautiful
As
It
Surrounded
Me

Warmed by my thoughts
Longing for you.
But,
I could of stayed there for hours
The peace was interrupted
By a text message on my phone
A
N
N
O
Y
E
D

I opened it up
To find it was from you.
You had been thinking about me too

At the same moment I was thinking of you

It made me laugh
Now I have thoughts of you again
Running thru' my head
Joy in my heart
As it skips a beat
And a smile on my face..

2 comments:

floots said...

ah
the power of text
(that's yours and the phones)
cheers

whispers said...

Love the way you played with the word text!
Thanks Floots. :)