Saturday, September 30, 2006

Harsh words vicious tones

Sun has gone
Black velvet has covered

Probing thoughts
Spoken allowed

Harsh words replied
Vicious tones used

Tears then followed
Left in darkness alone

Heart shattered
Does it matter?

No one cares
Who would dare?

A small voice shouts
From the corner of your mind

"You made your bed.
You reap what you sow"

His head is rested
He's fallen asleep

He dreams of what you once dread
When into her arms he once fled

You wish you had the courage
To walk away
But,
Here your kin also lay

Scared of a world
You could command
To be in control
To live your life
To be free

There would be
No more hiding in shadows
Would you dare?
Do you really care?

To be treated this way
You once fought
But now your bones
Are old and taut

Your mind now shattered
A fight you can't win
So once again
You just give in

"I love you", he once uttered
I should of known
Words so easily spoken
are not ever true
For truth stumbles in the throat
When it comes from you.

I was a fool to believe
Those three little words
You whispered to me
so easily deceiving
But never appeasing

You wonder why I question you so
It's because I have seen your heart
And to be truthful, it's far too dark

No love exists
You destroy everything you behold
For once
I wish I had listened to what I was told

A warning to late to heed
Oh how stupid I was indeed.

Tears are flowing
Woo is me
How foolish can one be?

2 comments:

floots said...

not foolish
vulnerable
trusting
being ourselves
sometimes means being wrong
but
still ourselves

whispers said...

Floots, always a pleasure to have your keen insight on things. Thank you